antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Just saw that.

Google is being a PITA so how's this for a route? Sorry the map is routed backwards because it was refusing to use Hwy 4 for some reason.

Bear Valley / Coulterville (whatever Google wants to cooperate) north on 49 then east through Yosemite either on 120 through Groveland or the really twisty road Google is suggesting (J20 on the above map), then north on 395 to Bridgeport where the group can decide between 108/Sonora Pass or 4/Ebbetts Pass (with a bonus of Monitor Pass) and end in Angels Camp.

Just under 300 miles, and before I threw Google out the window, it guessed under 7 hours, with you guys from California ending up somewhat close to "home".

This is the long version, more than willing to make the route fit what everyone wants to do.

Easy pace, as I said. Goal is to have fun.
Sounds good! I've always wanted to cross the other side of Yosemite through Tioga Pass, but I haven't been able to do that yet. The only thing that does concern me is the El Portal fire that's going on in Yosemite. So far, they haven't said anything about closing Tioga Pass or any other roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
If avoiding the period of time while your wrist is healing, I might be available the weekend of sept. 27 but don't wait up for me. I'm not really free for weekend rides much anymore
I wouldn't mind the 27th, I think I can get that off, it's enough advance notice for my job.

We can set this ride for September? Gives enough time to plan, etc.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote