View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2014, 05:48 AM   #12
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I like it. Time to get some drop-in cartridge fork internals though. Gotta match the front to the rear.
might as well just put the whole gas forks on at that point right? go big or go home.

or as I say, go big and then go home likely because you either hurt yourself or are broke as result of "going big"

oh it has adjustable length as well, forgot to mention that, but unfortunately the shortest it goes is still a couple mm longer than OEM shock. So it will go a good bit longer but no shorter so it doesn't help much.

I did think about getting lowering links and then making up the drop from the links with the shock adjustment but I am not sure how that much change in geometry would effect the performance of the shock? and if there was the clearance for it? So figured it was probably better off this way with stock bones. I might end up making new bones just to save some weight if anything, the T6 bones I made for the gsxr shock swap worked great and were way lighter than the OEM steel ones.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.

Last futzed with by subxero; June 17th, 2014 at 04:47 PM.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote