Thread: KTM RC390!!!!!
View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2014, 05:52 AM   #186
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by londor View Post
Original post 11/2013. Almost 2 Years ago. Could this be "vaporware"?
Is old3's info accurate? Probably
At Scuderia in S.F. they STILL don't have a duke390 how many years later.
I went to put a deposit on an RC. I asked how many deposits they've gotten so far. 6! (I would've been 7) That was a year ago.

Think Scuderia has more deposits or less today? Im thinking none.
Does motorcycle production lag so far behind that a 2014 gets put in the showroom in Sept-December. Seems auto showrooms usually have the next years model ready to buy.

I bought a 2012 ninja 250 in 2012 so Kawasaki sells what it makes in the year they made and marketed it.
WTF KTM?
Whats a KTM?
I don't even think the rc390 has been officially launched in India so no surprises that USA release isn't even on the horizon. Europe will get it later than India and if we get it at all we will get it after Europe so like it's been said 100 times mid to late 2015 most likely at the earliest.

The whole duke 390 thing? that is a little more confusing. My thinking is that KTM never planned on bringing the duke 390 to the USA because of USA bike stereotypes. Which was part of the reason for the rc390, to appeal more to the US.

Perhaps they are planning on releasing both in close intervals for some reason or simply not the duke at all I also think they us the India release to work out some kinks in the bikes for the next year model so they can have a slightly more refined product for the US but WTF do I know?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote