View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2018, 07:05 PM   #14
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
For reference, the fairing screws you need to remove are 4mm and 5mm allen heads. In case you have the Craftsman tool set where all the allen wrenches are just tossed in a bag together and you have to dig out the one you need.

Draining the oil should be much easier with a rear stand. The kickstand swings down right where the stream of draining oil wants to land. I have a fancy oil pan container (catch oil in the big opening, then close that lid and empty it out the small opening on the end), and it couldn't really fit where it needed to be to catch the draining oil with the sidestand in the way. With a paddock stand, you don't have to worry about the sidestand at all, plus the bike is standing straight up instead of leaning.

Have I mentioned how much I love the 500's centerstand?

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***

Last futzed with by InvisiBill; September 18th, 2018 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Too many windows open
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote