View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2018, 04:09 PM   #1
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Motorcycle Ohio

I wasn't sure where to put this, but this post is for anybody in Ohio that would be interested in doing a small class to get their endorsement or brush up on riding skills.

I had a chat with Michelle from the Motorcycle Ohio program this afternoon after floating an idea given to me by one of my customers. After hearing about my struggles in the Returning Rider course, the customer asked if I had ever thought about trying to get them to do a class for people like me with group anxiety issues or other learning issues that would cause a need for a small class size/certain kind of coach/more time. I suggested this to the Moto Ohio Facebook and it turns out that Michelle talked to the site coordinator/coach I had for Hudson High School and he is willing to set aside a class, most likely next season since this one is pretty much over, if I can find a few people to join me. He would be the coach, and I'm guessing that it would be the Returning Rider course.

I did let her know that it's probably too late for me, but that I would try and find some people to do it. If I can't, I'll just stick with the plan of taking the test at the BMV next season. They are also going to look into posting some things on social media to gauge what kind of response they get. Maybe start doing a course for people with issues similar to mine.

So, if you see this and you are a new rider, not so new but don't have your endorsement, or just want a skill refresher, the class would be in Hudson, Ohio at the High School on Stow Rd. Sometime next season. They are going to keep in contact with me and keep me informed of what's going on with their end.

Ohio peeps, spread the word. I know I'm not the only one with group anxiety. Most of us just choose not to say anything after our experiences, or maybe even just give up thinking that riding isn't for them. I guess I'm just trying to help others out, cuz I know how sucky it is to be trying to do something I know I can do while others tell me I can't do it cuz they don't know the situation.

reply here, or send a pm if interested.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote