View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2010, 11:54 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKr1 View Post
Were still using our old dells also. One from 02, the other from 05. The one from 02 really comes in handy for the serial and printer ports(the 05 deosnt have them). < needed for playing with some other electronics
I've been wanting to program some PIC micro-controllers and noticed that the new Dell tablet PC my sister sometimes takes home from work has RS232 serial on the optical drive/port replicator, which my sister thought was part of the laptop until I showed her how to take it off (it was meant to be carried as such). She didn't know it was a convertible tabled PC either! I have to cut her some slack because I couldn't find the stylus storage for hours even though I was sure there had to be one and looked the whole thing up and down repeatedly. I'm sure they aren't native... this thing has USB3.0 for crying out loud... so I hope I can get them to work with the software, which was pretty picky and required a lot of tweaking with serial ports on 10+yo PCs.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote