View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #9
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
Like I said, controversy. =)

Keep in mind this is a 640:1 ratio. It's a fraction of the oil that goes into a normal 2-stroke mix. TC-W3 is ashless oil designed for water-cooled engines (i.e. lower combustion temps), and its additive packs were determined (by Sarge) to be good for cleaning up a gasoline fuel system. All of that should result in a pretty clean burn. Those who have been into their engines after using this have actually found them to be quite clean, due to the detergents and/or oil film, as well as reporting better results on smog tests. People have actually been adding small amounts of 2-stroke oil to diesel to help with lubrication for a long time.

I don't believe it's due entirely to the TC-W3, but the first tank where I added it to the Ninja is my highest ever MPG, almost 14% above my overall average. I filled that tank quite high (which could also explain the higher MPG), but I also rode it straight home and parked it on the sidestand, which resulted in some gas actually leaking out the overflow (whatever quantity leaked out gave me 0.0mpg). I've had a couple tanks that were 10-11% above average before I started using the TC-W3, so 14% isn't completely crazy, but it is the highest I've ever had in 7,800 miles.
Very good information and you know what: That's what all the guys in Germany also do since a very long time already.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote