Thread: '92 rebuild
View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2021, 02:11 PM   #18
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Alright, here's the electrical breakdown. Wiring diagram I used. "EX250 Wiring Schematic".

Ignition only has 5 wires instead of 7 that I can find:
  1. red
  2. white
  3. yellow
  4. blue
  5. brown

Cooling fan was disconnected and tried to connect to the switches on the cowl. I'm thinking they did that just for safety purposes? I pulled the wires off and plugged it back in via the factory connections.

LH handlebar has an extra wire (9 instead of 8). Blue/Brown.

Ignition pickup is at the alternator, instead of on the opposite side of the bike like the diagram seems to describe.

Front turn signals have 3 wires instead of 2, so I'm not sure how they connect.
Signal side:
  1. Red
  2. Black
  3. Black/White
Harness side:
  1. Gray (power)
  2. Black/Yellow (ground)

Junction box has only 4 fuses instead of 7, and has only 14 wires instead of 17 in the diagram.
Bike extra:
  1. Black
  2. Teal
  3. Blue
Diagram extra:
  1. Green
  2. Black/Red
  3. Brown/Gray
  4. Orange/Green
  5. Brown/Blue
  6. White/Green

Where are the wires for the tail lights that are not next to the brake lights? eBay posting of what I mean. I only have the 3 brake light/tail light combo at the top (bottom pic).

How is the starter solenoid supposed to be mounted?

Starter button now spins over the bike. I think I fixed it by securely mounting the clutch handle switch.

Rear brake light handle wires were loose. Securely connected and now the tail light works.

Head lights are off like they're supposed to be now. They turn on when I turn the engine over.

Spark plugs spark off the block, so that works.

Next step is setting up some sort of gravity feed to the carb (don't know how, need to look that up). Carb fuel line is blocked with mud. Could also just spray starter fluid without any fuel setup?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wiring_Schematic_-_R4.pdf (373.7 KB, 2 views)
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote