View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2021, 09:09 PM   #51
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayVapes View Post
I finished reading through this entire thread and im in awe of all the work youve done and documented.
Hey, thanks! Cost isn't really my goal here (but I want to include it because I never see people do that), it's more just to learn on because it's fun , so I'm willing to pay for some stuff if I have to, but prefer to try to fix things than replace them if I can help it. Time consuming can't be helped much unless you already know everything you need, unfortunately. I've been sourcing my carb parts from @ducatiman and haven't had a problem (floats came in today and already put them in, thanks!). Otherwise I use partzilla or eBay. Also I know nothing about TikTok, but would check it out if you link it!

I'm planning on using polyester body filler for my tank, haven't read anything about using fiberglass reinforcement for them, just lots of people chopping and welding sections of their tanks (chopper builds) or using body filler like I'm going to do with a putty or filler primer/epoxy. Regular Bondo seems to crack and shrink over time.

Fiberglass reinforcement of plastics won't do much if it doesn't adhere well if that's what you're talking about. I'm doing the acetone ABS slury danno mentioned and using ABS cement that Jim commented about.

I'm sure your project will turn out great
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20210930_135548.jpg (55.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210930_135342.jpg (52.4 KB, 5 views)
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote