View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2021, 07:40 AM   #6
thedrewski86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 SV650S 2005 EX250F

stator is good, still need a r/r

I replaced my stator over the weekend. I got a new one from RMStator and they were excellent to work with (fast shipping and great support), and I'm glad I did because, sure enough, my old stator had evidence of burning up when I pulled it.

Now, not surprisingly, I still need to replace my regulator. I happened on a free used r/r, but it is testing the same as my old one resulting in about 12.5 volts of max charging output at 5k rpm. I knew I was going to be in for an upgraded r/r anyway so I am just trying to figure out what route to go.

Option 1 is getting the FH020AA from Roadstercycle.com. After about $160 I have the wiring harness and brand new unit. That seems like the easiest option.

Option 2 is looking for a used SH775. I can find these pretty easily on the Polaris RZR for $50. Granted, that's a used part and there is some risk involved there, but it's a better r/r from what I can gather. I still need to get a wiring kit which runs nearly $50 everywhere I look I need to find a better option for this. Any ideas there?? I just need the two female connectors and enough wiring to make the splice and run to the battery.