View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2021, 01:26 AM   #83
BonelessSugar
ninjette.org member

Name: Cashby

Motorcycle(s): EX250-F x 3, TW200, NPS50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
that's a big undertaking looking at pictures at the start of this thread IDK if I would have started this restoration....
It's turning out to be more work than I initially thought, but that's pretty normal. Gotta expect to have a few snags.

Quote:
But I'll be watching this to see the turn out
Expecting another 1-2 months minimum. If the engine grenades, +++.

Quote:
And is that oil report from that bike you got for 220$ that one your restoring ???
Yes.

Quote:
Surprised with that much fuel in the oil that it didn't granade when it was running especially hitting the high rpms that's alot of fuel in the oil wow that's nuts and i've seen my dad's nitro bike blow up going down the drag strip no thanks he never let off the gas never knew he was on fire lol.....

how did that much fuel get into the oil??
Probably did at some point or something, engine's been replaced (the carb also has EX written on it, so maybe that's been replaced too, I'm really not sure what's original to this bike anymore ). Not sure how 1/16 a tank of fuel got in the oil, someone else probably has a better idea than me, comments on the analysis said "maybe stuck float, or leaking float needle valve". Float needle valves looked fine on disassembly.
BonelessSugar is offline   Reply With Quote