View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2021, 12:36 PM   #22
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcillion View Post
I tried jump starting it by myself on the side of the highway a little bit but knew I couldn't do it alone. The rear tire was 100% not locked up or dragging, I don't see how it would be a dead battery since the dash seemed fine. I found out there was an oil light on, but no overheating signs or check engine/oil pressure for sure. I remember the whole time I was riding I would check the over heating indicator just as a habit and it never went about a third of the input.
Ok, if you bump-start it and rear-tyre turned engine, it's definitely not seized. Low/dead battery can easily power LED dash, just 2-3w needed. ECU & ignition system needs another 50w. Starter on other hand, needs about 500-600w of power to spin engine. So it's possible to have dash work with pretty much dead battery.

Simple test is to measure battery-voltage with bike off. Then measure battery-voltage while cranking. Those numbers will tell you everything you need to know. Get used to troubleshooting with numbers, will save you tonnes of time, money and frustration in future. Shades of grey, not black & white, all-or-nothing.

Yeah, show up with truck and haul your bike away unannounced. They're trying to get your bike for nothing and sell it for profit after replacing battery. Maybe even visit local constable's station on way and tell them about this and have them ready to show up if you call for assistance.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote