View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2021, 01:30 PM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Drew !
that's the best description of the bike I've ever heard "Utilitarian" LOL...
a do everything bike but do nothing perfect !
Eagle Mikes "Doohickey" Kit is probably the way to go for me.the one that has the flywheel puller in it. ....and another accessory I found for it is a "CENTER STAND" that I MUST get !!!!!!
Big Thumpers have always been a favorite of mine their just down right fun to ride. their a good Putt,Putt machine and for this old man I think it will serve me well. not to mention it's extreme reliability record, they just keep on going no matter what !.... I just wish it had a kick start too ! LOL....
I had a yamaha XT500cc when I was in Fernley NV. and I rode it many miles out in the desert... My Kid had a KX 125 and could leave me in the Dust at the drop of a hat... but we definitely had good times on those bikes !
the KLR is anything but that XT500 , its more of a street machine with knobbies on it... LOL fairing and all that... but in all honesty that is where most of the miles will come from !
I've seen where some have been Improved where they will get the front wheel off the ground in 2nd... and that is saying something ! that would increase the fun on that thing 10 fold ! HAHAHAHA !
Bob.........