View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2021, 07:15 AM   #121
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonelessSugar View Post
Popped out the small one, the large pot needed to stay clamped to build pressure in the small one. Drained, sanded the caliper, pulled corrosion out of the gasket areas with a pick, sanded the pots down, should be all good when the seals come in. Of course I had to spill over all the brake fluid in the catch container when I was done. Classic. I'll probably end up going back in here with some steel wool and a screwdriver or something and getting the rest of the crud out of those seal galleys.

I'm thinking about leaving the banjo bolts untouched because I didn't need to remove them. Would it be a good idea to replace their washers, or am I fine to leave them alone?

Service schedule seems to say that I should replace the brake hoses by now, so I guess I'll order some of those and do the banjo bolt washers with them?

Same with fuel hoses.

Schedule also says to replace the master cylinder cup and dust seal, but it seems fine so I'll probably leave that alone unless told otherwise.

I have absolutely no idea how necessary any of this stuff is.
Be sure to scott bright the bore and cylinder and it same as doing car disc caliper assembly ho what fun LoL be sure get some sil-glyde lube
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote