View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2021, 01:56 AM   #11
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL that picture is out'a this world ! I could just see that ! ....
Anyway I use 2"x4" boards about 24" long to lay the tire on ( not the rim)after soaking them good with a sprey bottle of heavy soap and water (about 50/50 mix of dish soap and water) then I lay the tire on the boards and push the center down of the wheel , it may take more boards to get enough height but you get the idea usually I will stand on the center of the rim just to get the tire on the one side real good.... then rotate the rim and tire to get all of it seated on the one side.
then flip the tire over and apply more soap and water and then attach the air hose without the valve core in there... if it won't seat up imediately simply put it back on the boards ( tire, not the rim.) and press gently to get the bead to come up to the rim... this always works for me.... never had it fail.
on car tires I have had to resort to a ratchet strap and place it in the center of the tread and ratchet it down till the beed comes in contact with the rim then air it up....... once it pops on stop with the air and take the strap off !
and then put the air in it again...
Most of my life I've had tubed tires on bikes so this isn't a problem usually
but some Knobbies can be a real pain to get on there correctly, again lots of soap and water inside and out so the tube is lubercated real good, this also helps when putting a tube in to a tire half on the rim... put a bit of air in the tube and soak it down real good with soap and water, and squirt the inside of the tire as well then push in the tube all the way around with your fingers
make sure you have no wrinkles in the tube and the valve core is through the rim and held by a valve core nut on the outside, then use your tire irons to put the rest of the tire onto the rim , start with the valve core and have the nut just on the end of the valve core, not tightened up ! push the tire into the rim there and work your way around the rim being careful not to go any deeper with the tire irons than is absolutely necessary or you'll poke a hole in the tube ! ...once you get that bead on your all set, but air it up with out the valve core in it at least one time to get any wrinkles out of the tube
when your flopping the tire back and forth the tube can get under the bead so watch for that , you don't want the tube anywhere around the beed when you air it up the first time !
make sure the valve core is straight and then Blast some air into it if the tire looks like it's on there right then go ahead and put in the valve core and do the final airing up.....

I like to put about half the air in the tire and then bounce the tire and rim all the way around the rim to help seat the tire on the rim then finally fill it up.
that's how I do it...
Bob......