View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2021, 01:18 PM   #16
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Anyway I use 2"x4" boards about 24" long to lay the tire on ( not the rim)after soaking them good with a sprey bottle of heavy soap and water (about 50/50 mix of dish soap and water) then I lay the tire on the boards and push the center down of the wheel , it may take more boards to get enough height but you get the idea usually I will stand on the center of the rim just to get the tire on the one side real good.... then rotate the rim and tire to get all of it seated on the one side.
then flip the tire over and apply more soap and water and then attach the air hose without the valve core in there... if it won't seat up imediately simply put it back on the boards ( tire, not the rim.) and press gently to get the bead to come up to the rim...
This is awesome idea! Easier to press on rim so 2nd bead is seated and sealed evenly! No need for 3-hands trying to lift tyre. I'm gonna try this next time! Thanks for tip!!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote