View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2024, 12:56 PM   #1
Pregen_Prat
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Pratham

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250, 1998 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Intro and potential track bike build?

Hello everyone,
My name is Prat and I have had the pleasure of owning my 2007 Ninja 250 for over 3 years. I joined the forum a while ago, but never really logged on until now. I want to be more involved in the community of these special little bikes.

It was my first bike, but I bought a Honda Blackbird last summer. That is an amazing bike,but I am still enjoying the 250. I have done 2 track days on it, the most recent one being in October 2023 at PittRace.

I want to do more with it and make it a dedicated race-bike. My track day friends told me it is not worth it, and I should focus more on getting a 400 or an SV650 if I really want to get fast. I really love the memories I’ve made with my 250, riding it and wrenching on it for the past 3 years. I am conflicted on it. Although I want to keep it, the support for parts is very limited these days and am not sure how worth it a build would be when there are technically better options out there.

Are there any people in the forum who race these “pregen” old style bikes? Is the 17 inch wheel conversion and or valve emulators worth it for this bike?

Thank you all in advance…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7231.jpg (102.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_84F74057A304-1.jpg (89.9 KB, 5 views)
Pregen_Prat is offline   Reply With Quote