View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2020, 11:02 AM   #14
Onekallo
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 06 ZZR-250 - 05 ZZR-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Yes, getting 1/2 of typical mileage is sure sign you're dumping too much petrol into engine. If you're already at less than stock adjustment on mixture-screws and it still appears to be too rich, it would indicate something beyond external adjustments.

So most likely there's something non-stock inside carbs themselves. Non-stock jet sizes, perhaps even non-stock needles and/or heights. This is most likely issue since most common issues are in opposite direction with clogged jets & circuits causing lean mixtures.

Don't assume printed number on jets is actually what's being used. You'll want to measure jet-sizes by inserting soft-copper wire of increasing size until you find one that's snug. Then measure wire with micrometer/calipers.
Ok will do. If I can get it close with the mixture screws we will at least be able to ride for a bit longer. Once it gets a little more chilly I will tear them down again for a full inspection.

Would a "stock jet kit" be the way to go if they are indeed oversized?

Again, I cannot stress enough how thankful I am to you all for all of your patience, understanding, and support.
Onekallo is offline   Reply With Quote