View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2020, 04:51 AM   #23
Onekallo
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 06 ZZR-250 - 05 ZZR-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibSerge View Post
The way my bike starts: Choke to full open, she fires up runs at low(1k rpms) , but in a couple of seconds the tach goes to about 5-6k, I lower it to about 3k and start riding. The rev would stay at 3k on the stops when I roll of the throttle. I ride like that for 1-2kms and then close the choke. The revs would go down to the preset value. At the time when the coolant temp gauge shows at least 1/3rd I double check the revs when the throttle is off and adjust if necessary. Mine is set at about 1.3-1.4k
Ok so I just left home.

Started full choke, got it to rev at 5k full choke, went to about half-3/4 and then it idle nicely at 3k +/-.

Rode fine no problem. My commute is quite short (5 km and its only 10*C this morning) so the temp gauge did not move at all. Just for S's and G's I backed off the choke as I pulled in the driveway, and the bike almost died right out.

Hoping to go for a bit longer ride at lunch with the same starting procedure in order to warm it up a bit more. This is going to be such a stupid question (sorry my head it so twisted trying to figure this all out) but does it make sense for the revs to drop as the bike warms up and the choke is removed? If I am increasing the idle with more choke, as it warms up should the bike not idle higher, and then less choke would even it out again?

Thank you all so much again I truly appreciate all of the help and guidance, I honestly do.
Onekallo is offline   Reply With Quote