Old September 11th, 2020, 07:09 AM   #24
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onekallo View Post
Ok so I just left home.

Started full choke, got it to rev at 5k full choke, went to about half-3/4 and then it idle nicely at 3k +/-.

Rode fine no problem. My commute is quite short (5 km and its only 10*C this morning) so the temp gauge did not move at all. Just for S's and G's I backed off the choke as I pulled in the driveway, and the bike almost died right out.

Hoping to go for a bit longer ride at lunch with the same starting procedure in order to warm it up a bit more. This is going to be such a stupid question (sorry my head it so twisted trying to figure this all out) but does it make sense for the revs to drop as the bike warms up and the choke is removed? If I am increasing the idle with more choke, as it warms up should the bike not idle higher, and then less choke would even it out again?

Thank you all so much again I truly appreciate all of the help and guidance, I honestly do.
No question is stupid I see the rpms go up about 20% with the choke still in place and the engine warming up. But I do not monitor it really I just close the choke after 1-2km. You can try to ride for a couple of kms on your lunch then set the idle with the choke closed. Then see how the bike behaves on the way home. Here is the description on how to use the choke https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/What_i..._at_startup%3F
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote