View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2022, 04:13 AM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL....My 2012 250R is closer to the 400lb mark or a bit over ...and I've added weight to that....a rear rack and a top box and a set of sliders but that is a noble gesture, to get the bike as light as possible !
it's all about the power to weight ratio in the end....
I once had a bike that I stripped everything off of it and just ran with a plastic bottle of gas and rode it up our dirt road... it was noticeably more powerful than it ever was before ! (it made a whopping 12 hp if I remember right) but the thing was not that impressive with everything on it
but stripped to the frame changed that bike noticeably I bet I took off 100lbs of stuff ...I was making a street bike into a dirt bike because i could not get licenses for it.... made a World of difference in it's get up and go ...i eventually put the gas tank back on it and the seat as sitting on the frame was painful on that road ! .... it didn't last too long but it was a blast for a while !
lol....
Bob....

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.