View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:04 PM   #5
tim61
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 78 Ducati 900SD Darmah, 74 Yamaha TA125, 71 Honda CL175 , 78 Moto Morini 3 1/2 Sport, 09 Kaw 250R, 08 KLR650

I also had a special batch of spacers made for the Woodcraft clip-ons so that you could angle the bars back a bit to get your elbows out of the slipstream. Might be REAL handy in those Willow Springs drafting battles!

http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/fea...pacer-kit.html

The ones in the pictures are the prototypes on my race bike. I am told the production versions will be black anodized to match the bars.

Some guys in our club were experimenting with spacers that relied on the strength of the bolts to carry the load of the bars, but the Woodcraft bars use an interlocking method between the riser and the fork tube clamp, so the only load the bolts have are to hold the 2 pieces together. And lateral load is taken by the interlock. So these spacers have that same interlock, which I think makes them a lot more safe to use.

Again, not very good for street use. The reason the Woodcraft bars have such an odd forward angle is to clear the stock instruments and the black fairing insert. All that is gone on my racer, so I can move the bars anyway I want.

TimO
tim61 is offline   Reply With Quote