View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2017, 08:45 PM   #17
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I picked up the flute again today. I seriously love it. Yes, i know it is considered a "girl"instrument, but dang, it sounds awesome. It is compact, which is nice too.

The thing is my private lesson instructor fired me today. Haha. Okay, basically it was hard for her to get to the lesson venue in time for the lessons each week, so she discontinued the time slot. I was left hanging. No other woodwind instructors available, so I just dropped it. Not a big deal, I have learned several instruments on my own.

So no more saxophone lessons. However, after grabbing the flute again, which I played today in order to save my embrochure for sax practice, I really enjoyed it. I really think I'll work harder at the flute than at the sax. Also, I found a local choir of flutists that I think may be fun to join once I get better. I have more than enough music at my disposal now to learn the flute.

My goal, play the flute every day. The sax 3x a week and my trombone 2x a week. At least that will continue my learning on the sax, keep my chops decent on the trombone, and really kick butt at the flute. If I could choose two, I'd probably go sax and flute. Though that could change later. Sax is tough. Not the keys, but the mouth muscles required to play it. Flute is somewhat similar to trombone in the general muscles used. So I can play the flute for at least an hour with zero issues. Sax, I'm limited to 30-minutes, maybe 45. Once those wheels fall off, that is it for the day.

Okay, I've bored you all enough.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.