View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2017, 01:47 PM   #10
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1956 View Post
I love it. Disc brakes! Reliable! It's better handling and actually quicker than most of my previously owned bikes, which now seem like farm equipment. You see a lot of people in my age group on Harleys or other fat cruiser bikes. Bad choice. As you age, you lose strength, athletic ability, and reaction time. Having a well handling, quick stopping, and light sport bike helps one regain the edge. I have a full set of luggage and am comfortable riding it long distances. I kind of wish the seat wasn't made of concrete though....... I still like vintage bikes, but I'm tired of working on stuff. Owning the old stuff was profitable, always made money when I sold one. I'm to the point where all I want is to turn the key and ride without a bunch of prep work or the worry of actually making it to my destination or not.
And ain't it nice not having to try to synch. twin Amal carbs? Good for about 100 miles if you do. I do wish the Ninja had kick start though.

Bill