View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #1
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

Lowside? Highside? Dunno but its never good.

Well today was a sunny 49* out, and while getting out of work early I decided to go find one of the only twisty roads on long island. Mill road.

I google mapped it and its pretty close to my house, so I was rather happy about that. It was my first time there so I wasn't trying to drag elbows or anything, just a quick ride through.

The beginning of the road was definitely abused by the winter. Lots of potholes and sand... But it cleared up further down the road. I took a few passes through to judge the turns and what not, and decided to bring up the pace a little. 2nd pass through, I go in a little too hot on a turn and quickly bring it upright and to a stop. Unfortunately that stop was interrupted by the sand on the road and boom, hit the ground quick and hard, and slide about 3 feet. I'm pretty sure it was the front tire sliding out causing me to fall towards the inside of the corner, but it did happen pretty quickly so maybe it was the rear.

Good thing I had my gear on.

I felt my shoulder hit the ground first, definitely got the worst of damage as my jacket's shoulder is shredded down to the armor padding. My shoulders a little achy. Second hit was my head bounceing off the road, thank god for my helmet as my head is perfectly fine. And lastly my knee, which is just a little scuffed and bloody. Pants and boot held up fine though.

Like always it could have been worse, but it always sucks when you damage your bike.

Damage total? No idea but probably not much. Shift lever was bent inward a bit, very minor rash on plastics, mirror bent inward and snapped the fairing a little, the tach is a little loose, bar end and clutch lever scratches. But the worst to me was noticing that either the forks or bars are a little bent or misaligned. Felt sturdy enough to ride though, so I headed back home.

I'll take a closer look at all the damage and post up pics tomorrow.
Stay safe out there!
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote