View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2014, 12:04 PM   #201
rgx107
ninjette.org member

Name: Rolf

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Do I understand it right that the frame is made of steel? Or aluminium. And intended to be flexible and stable for high-speed riding. I thought stiffer was better at high speeds. My interpretation: they selected a manufacturing method that is cheaper/easier for small volumes. Just need to set up a shop with a frame jig.

And the fuel tank seems tiny. Perhaps 10 L. If my fuel gauge starts flashing with 3.5 L remaining, corresponding to almost 100 km range, the fuel gauge on the H2 will flash as you exit from the gas station after a fill-up.

One might also wonder at which tracks you would benefit from 300 hp. As I understand it even MotoGP stopped long ago trying to get the most hp from the engines, since they are at max throttle with no restriction from traction control only a few seconds per lap. Instead it's all about finding a combination of engine and traction control that gives best drive out of the turns.

Spa maybe? Hockenheim? No typical motorcycle tracks. And the time you gain per lap must be gained at the longest straight, by reaching perhaps 330 km/h instead of 300 km/h for a few hundred meters, then braking maybe 50 m earlier?

Still want one but not sure why.
rgx107 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.