View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2023, 02:35 PM   #10
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Jim !
yah it's a really low amperage fan motor I think that would be the best option
... I checked out some dimmer switches on Amazon and found the one I have used before on a drill motor and it worked great.... it can handle 12 amps
more than enough I am sure....
so I'll probably order one so I can get the burn rate fine tuned rather than use a damper.... as that would just leave the motor running full blast and under heavy strain at all times , where controlling the fan's speed would be alot easier on the motor.....
the old little pellet stove went through a exhaust fan every year some times 2 a year depending on it's fan... the room fan on it was a horrible design though
a long wide squirrel cage thing and finding one that fit was near impossible
last time I replaced it I bought one I thought would fit but had to just use the motor as the fan itself was too long...
for this new bigger stove I have already bought an extra fan for both the room fan and the exhaust and I have a Auger motor coming as well... and I have a extra igniter as well.... so as soon as I can get it up and running again i should be in good shape for a long time.

Bob.....