View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2023, 04:02 PM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I was running the wood pellet stove late one night and I noticed noise coming from the heater.... sounded like a fan motor a ticking sound after a while it got much worse
I sprayed it with WD40 ( a risky thing to do to a hot stove... but I was getting desperate)
about an hour later as I was standing there watching it the fan motor just stopped
so I turned it off..... I have a extra room fan motor that I bought when I got the stove
because I know they ware out.... so I put the new fan motor in there and fired it back up.... having a extra fan motor for each fan in the stove and an extra igniter is a must
as far as I am concerned... when the stove is your main source of heat you cannot have the stove broke down for a week at a time when the fan get's shipped to you....
.... the Timer Modification to the pellet stove has worked better than I antisipated.
I can cut the stove down alot lower and have it still run than I ever could when it was stock. and the low settings are better... I have a infinately veriable setting of on and off cycles now so I can set the stove to what ever I want....
a really low setting is so low it just has slightly warm air coming out of it....
the timer is set to ON for 3~4 seconds and off for approx 1 minute...
at about the time the pellets that fell in last time burn up and loose their flame new pellets fall in and the cycle starts again..... that is about as low as I can get it and keep a fire going.....
this has resulted in a savings of almost half a bag a day in pellets
there was no need to change the speed of the exhaust fan as full blast is about perfect for the burn in the fire pot.... which is a good thing!.
so it is working and working great....
Bob.....