Thread: Biker road rage
View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM   #1
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Biker road rage

Have you have seen it, felt it, been a victim of it?

I saw something astonishing today. I was traveling in the carpool lane and see this guy on a touring bike or sport touring. I didn't quite see what it was, except that it had 2 muffler tips on each side ending in a V position on the tail. Anyways, I wave and pass him. I'm about 10 minutes down the road and this green sedan merges into the carpool lane in front of me. No problem since he was well ahead and no danger to me. The guy on the bike I passed comes by me and rides up next to the sedan. He hits the guy's side mirror pretty hard and sticks up his index finger. I'm guessing that the sedan didn't have the right to be in the carpool lane with only himself and no occupants.

I can't see that the driver might have done anything to the biker, but the biker was upset. I see people who shouldn't be in the carpool lane all the time, even people on their cell phones in the carpool lane by themselves. I don't get upset over it. They'll either get caught or they don't. I've never been upset enough to want to slap a driver's car tho.

A long time ago, I was driving with my wife and merged in front of a HD rider. I didn't see him and definitely would have heard him since he had open pipes. The only thing I can think of was that he was traveling much faster than the speed limit and came around the bend as I merged into his lane. As he rode by, he called me names and gave the 1 finger salute.
CThunder-blue is offline   Reply With Quote