View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2018, 08:40 AM   #10
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinninjabill View Post
So, on the slow jet you think I need to either go down to the stock 38 or up the turns out on the air screws (more turns out = more air = leaner, right?)

Or maybe I go with an upgraded exhaust/expansion pipe (they still call them that, right?) at the other end of the air-fuel equation?

Also, someone in this or maybe one of my other posts mentioned upgrading to an '08 or later shock and said it was cheap, but partzilla wants $400+ for either a pre-gen or post-gen (is that what the '08+ models are called?)

I think I need an intervention.
The idle mixture screws on the Ninja are fuel bleeds, so turning OUT provides a RICHER mixture. It may be possible that something like 1.5 turns out with a 40 Pilot is the exact same as something like 2.5 out with a 38 Pilot - not sure if there are any other factors going on.

Complete exhaust systems for the PreGens may be getting hard to find. The sound improves, and they are lighter, but there is a minimal performance increase with most.

The New Gen shocks are cheap used on ebay.

Nah - you are fine.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote