View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:25 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Hmm.... First, I'm sorry about your bike, and glad that Paul's OK. I see your point of view on the rules violations, but I don't see your point of view about giving faster riders room. In much of the video, it looks to me that you and Paul are using the entire track, from turn in point to apex and back out to exit, at a relatively slow speed. It makes it challenging on a windy track like that to ever find a passing point, given those rules of "never come close" and "never come inside".

This doesn't vindicate the other rider, he's responsible for making a safe pass in all conditions no matter what other riders are doing. He made a poor call, likely out of lack of skill combined with a lack of patience. But I can see how it happened, and given the same circumstances, would potentially happen again. If you're not at pace with whatever the other riders are doing on the track, whether in the slowest group or the fastest, it becomes even more necessary to be careful and courteous for the faster (and slower) riders. Don't apex the corner at a slow speed if you don't need to, especially if you hear another bike coming up fast. Don't run the bike all the way out to the edge of the track if you don't need to at that speed.

If that track org is really a free-for-all and bike speeds and rider skills are all over the place, then I get the concern, and would likely spend my track dollars elsewhere.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.