View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2018, 02:27 PM   #1
Caoboy
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

My gear. Better than nothing?

I find myself buying Cyclegear's housebrand stuff more often than not, mainly because I want to save up for a 'proper' one piece suit, but don't want to skimp on gear (iow, wear jeans instead of leather pants and shoes instead of riding boots) to try to save a buck now and end up spending a lot more at the local meat stitcher.

Started with a Bilt leather jacket for $100, it works, and I'm not about to spend $500 on a jacket when that's halfway to a great leather suit.

Bought an AGV KV-S3 helmet at the same time as the jacket. $200. It is a nice helmet minus the fact that it is noisy because it has the ear foam cutouts for bluetooth speakers. Some ear plugs fixed that issue.

A week or so later bought TCX armored shoes $100 (should have just purchased boots, I regret wasting money on these shoes, but they're better than my Vans, right? )

Bought Alpinestars SP-8 gloves to replace the cheap bilt gloves I bought for gokarting years ago.

Recently I found some Bilt Racing pants on closeout for $79. I figure since I can zip the pants to my jacket, I have a defacto two piece riding suit on the cheap.

Now I am riding with the pants, but my shoes make the leather pants bunch around the tops and don't really tuck into the shoes nicely.

Next step for me is some decent riding boots. I noticed bilt has some for $100... Or should I spend a little more money and get some Cortech/AStars/Dainese boots and be done with it?

Still 'saving' for the better quality A-Stars or Dainese one piece riding suit. Spartan Leathers is one that was mentioned on the ninja250forum faq and it also seems like a nice suit but I don't want to buy a size without trying it on first. (40 jacket and 32 waist should put me at a size 40 one piece suit, right? 5-8, 170lbs)
Caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote