View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2018, 07:32 PM   #79
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextbesthing View Post
So when my girlfriend asks why I have a bottle of KY jelly in my tool box I'm coming to you for backup.

It stopped leaking for now, no drips at all when I parked this afternoon. I drained the water out and put real coolant in so we will see if that eats away at whatever blue goop we used to seal it. My next checklist item is troubleshooting my headlight. How about fairing stays? Would it be better to buy straight ones or should I try my luck at bending the ones I have???
When I bought my 07' Ninja a year ago I tore it apart undoing what damage the previous owner did and performing the maintenance he didn't. When I went to install the upper fairing I was having fits - the bolt holes didn't line up. I then realized that I bought a wrecked bike. At that point I realized that the upper fairing was bent from the crash. I bought a used straight one on eBay. I couldn't imagine trying to straighten out the upper fairing bracket. I guess it could be done with a torch and a jig to line it up but it was beyond my capabilities. The upper fairing bracket isn't easy to find since most squids usually smash-up the upper fairing and bracket.

Bill