Thread: ASTech seats?
View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2015, 09:59 AM   #4
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
no, but they totally missed an opportunity by not adding an s to the middle of the name
I see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
Never heard of them but I can tell you the Corbin I put on my 2005 VFR800 Interceptor is the most comfortable mc seat I've ever owned! I've done more than a few 1000+ km days on it too. It's about 1250 km between Vancouver & Calgary. Ride to, sleep, turn around & ride home. Less discomfort at the end of each day than sitting in my office chair all day!
In my case; worth every penny! Your experience may vary!
I was initially going to go with corbin, until I saw what they were offering for the FZ-07. It turns the two part rider/passenger seat into a single banana seat. And no amount of relief is worth the aesthetic suicide of switching to a banana seat, haha (But for real). The astech seats are also 1/3 of the price, since they're just redoing the internals of the stock seat, which is nice, but I'd honestly not care about the price difference as much if the corbin seat wasn't so hideous (looks like this, just for the record- http://corbin.com/yamaha/yfz714g.shtml)

Actually, now that you mention it, I wonder if corbin does reshaping/padding stock stuff too. I think they're local. I'll call and ask tomorrow when they open
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote