View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2017, 06:46 AM   #1
pouchotmichael
Acorn

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): red 2001 Ninja 250r

Just another dude that loves to ride

Hi. I'm Michael. New to the forum but not new to the pregen 250r. Got my first bike 4 years ago. A stunning, lighting blue 03 ninja 250. Sadly, after getting clipped by a car (they fled the scene), about a year into riding, the bike was completely wrecked beyond repair (at least for my skill set). Managed to sell it off for $350 though! But all good things get a return right. My wifey, love that woman , finally let me get another bike 3 years later. Now I got me a red 2001 250. I'm in love all over again.

I am hoping to learn more though! I would love to be able to make a few mods. As well as handle more repairs and maintenance on my own. Ultimately, I want the skills to keep it alive forever!

Oh and cause why not. My dream bike would be a Suzuki V-strom or Kawasaki Versys.. or a Honda NC700X. Don't care which one, any will do! Obviously, I'm a total sucker for adventure style bikes. Actually its one of the main reasons I love the pregen 250. I like that it doesn't look entirely like a sport bike, or maybe that's just me.

For those interested in my wreck. A car clipped me by cutting in front of me while i was in the middle of a turn (35mph). This caused me to drop and slide across the ground. Which would not have been to bad.... until there was a curb. Slamming into the curb wheels first caused me to flip over the bike and roll a few times. Was wearing jeans and a light jacket as well as a backpack as i just left school (and a helmet of course). Backpack probably saved my back. Never the less the pain was pretty intense and my whole body instantly felt sore. Managed to get my back pack from under me, but being an experienced paramedic I decided to just lay still, i knew EMS would be on the way. Despite my shoulder being in immense pain and severely swollen I was happy to leave with nothing but road rash on one arm and a sore ankle. Learned that i will always wear all my gear every time. Road-rash sucks!

Overall though. I just love the freedom of an open road and the intensity of exposure being on a bike. Not much of a fanatic for the daring tricks, excessively-fast cornering and stoplight races. Just wanna get the most out of life! Although if i did ever have the opportunity to get on a closed track on a wicked fast bike I'd be STOKED!!

*When i get home to my pictures I will post a pic of the bike i did have and the bike i do have now!

Thanks for taking the time to read . Any locals to Lynchburg, Va HMU
pouchotmichael is offline   Reply With Quote