View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #4488
mikromo
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, 1999 Honda VFR800, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R, 2010 Kawasaki ninja 250 (sold)

It had been dropped, in the driveway on both sides, but other than a scratch or 3 its not too bad, no dents, no cracks. Got it from a young woman, who at some point lost the rear brakes (daddy was a harley rider, go figure). So she takes it to a local dealer, who not only removed the master cylinder and what was left of the pads, (got it all in a bag). Anyway, they told her she needed everything new, caliper, disc, master cylinder, etc. and quoted her so high that she decieded to cut her losses. A real STEALERSHIP. But I was the lucky 1st guy there, so I snapped it up. Is 21,000 miles alot on these 250"s? I've heard thier bulletproof, but, this is my 1st 1. BTW, I ride my scoots, my 2001 ZRX has 43,000 miles and my Viffer 25,000 miles. When I picked it up last night the PO was agast that I was going to ride it with NO rear brakes, I looked at her and said "I don't use the rear brakes". Her Daddy and her looked at me real funny.....
I'll post a picture just as soon as I get it cleaned up, I DID ride it home in a real toad strangler. The helmets look brand new, no scatches or dings, and the faceshields look unmarked. The jacket is an extra small so maybe one of my 7 grandkids can wear it, but the helmets and gloves fit my wife to a T. All in all I'm quite pleased. Probably will clean, tune, repair the brakes, and turn it, I'm restoring a 1970 Moto Guzzi Ambassador, so I'll use the coin for that project. That one may go on the block when it's finished as well...at least I'll sell it if the price is right.
mikromo is offline   Reply With Quote