Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PArider View Post
If that were the case, the revs would be a bit unstable and oscillate up and down right? I presume it would show up on the tach?

This is totally stable at those numbers, like clockwork, so I don't think that my clutch is slipping. 12k is 80mph, and doesn't go above or below as long as I hold 80mph.
Not necessarily, it could slip in balance.
If that is the case, revs should go up respect to the speed of the bike for conditions of high torque demand, such like hill sand strong wing.

The difference in noise and vibration between 10K and 12K is evident, but you may not be familiar with either one yet.

It has been discussed here that some bikes have defective CDI that can produce a false reading of rpms'.
The tachometer works based on number of sparks per second that the CDI feels and convert into the input for the tachometer.

Please see post #8 above, as well as this thread:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ght=tachometer
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote