View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2017, 03:42 PM   #23
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
One thing I've noticed is a quick turnover with a lot of new riders. You can see it in their Craigslist ads. They are selling a 2yr old cycle, 5 yr maintenance plan, and all their gear.
And you can tell those people too, because they are trying to sell a Ninja 300 for $6000. They bought a bike for full MSRP and got raped $1500 in fees for freight, setup, documentation, and any other BS they can think up for ADP (additional dealer profit) to add on top of tax title and license.

I've bought 4 new bikes. But I've only ever bought new old stock that was severely discounted. (Like my new 2013 Ninja 1000 for $6500 late 2016) Some people are like "I can buy new because I am going to own this bike forever!" No you're not, you have no clue. You just took a high interest loan out for a toy that you're finished playing with in 2 months.

All new riders should buy used bikes, preferably crashed once and super cheap. Experienced long time riders should be the only ones to buy new, and that's only for a new model year that matches what they've been waiting for. They are likely to own it for much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I'm reading that blog a bit differently from some, it seems.
Most of us have only read the title and the first 30 or so words. If there's a deep, different meaning at the end, most of us didn't see it. Just being honest here.