Thread: Throttle issue
View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2024, 01:59 AM   #6
Mohawk
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): ZZR250, VFR800

Book yourself into a race school & learn to ride properly. Like everything in life some people have a feel for it, some don't. As mentioned above trying to hang on to faster riders will result in a crash. Check out youtube canyon crash videos if you want to see what that looks like.

One of the best days in my life was having a pukka TT racer as my track instructor after our first session together we come into the pits & he hi-5's me. When I asked why he was excited, as it should be me right! He said "we (the instructors) reckon that if we can get a punter (you & me) down Craner Curves (Donnington Park Circuit) at 90mph we are doing well" so I say OK, so why the hi-5? He says "because we were doing 110mph" !!! Me on a Ron Haslam Race School CBR600RR, instructer Jack Russell was on a CBF1000F, race pace on a 600 is 120mph down Craner Curves, so not bad for my 2nd ever 15minute session round Donnington ��

I felt like a god, until the very old now, actual Ron Haslam (ex GP Racer) came under me on the way into the old hairpin on a CBR500F �� I'm not a god ����

Last futzed with by Mohawk; February 13th, 2024 at 08:25 AM.
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote