View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2017, 03:47 AM   #142
EscoVictorious
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Victor

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

First off I just wanted to say this site is amazing and thank you for everyone's input. I have a 09 250r and have been riding about 3 years and always went into this site for tips and only recently, finally signed up.

YEAR: 2009

INTAKE MODIFICATIONS: air box removed, kleen air removed, K&N R-0990 Filter, crank breather

EXHAUST MODIFICATIONS: Delkovic full exhaust

JET KIT OR STOCK? Jet Kit

BRAND OF JET KIT? Dyno Jet

MAIN JET: 112

NEEDLE AND CLIP POSITION: pos 3, 2 washers

MIXTURE SCREW SETTINGS: 3 3/4 turns out from bottom

ELEVATION: sea level to 370 m/1214 ft.

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR BIKE’S JETTING SETUP:

Ran stock jets with full system and BMC air filters for about a week while waiting for my dyno jet and was already getting backfires and gunshots almost every decel (geared decel, and clutch in decel). when the jet kit came in i removed the air box and installed the k&n 0990 filter and kleen air system and instead of going to the 110 4th pos (kit didn't come with it) i opted for the 112 (it was either 108 or 112) but put it on pos 3 instead compensate for it being a jet higher. seems to have a really good effect, it has a constant pull all the way to red line at 6th gear with a 16 sprocket. seems to have eliminated the decel backfire and gunshots considerably. no choke needed at all. the only backfires i get are few and far between and very quiet (one much louder rarely), only during geared decel between 7-11k rpm (if i hit the clutch and let it decel without being in a gear it's completely fine with no back firing). this also only hapens when im riding it hard and for a long period, im thinking it might be running rich and the sound im hearing is afterfire. anyone having the same problem or am i still running lean and should add a washer/go a pin pos up??

also what is the difference in sound of rich vs lean?
EscoVictorious is offline   Reply With Quote