View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2018, 01:37 PM   #9
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Starting with no-choke in your current atmospheric conditions indicate a VERY rich condition, not just slightly.

No ECU adjustments are possible. There's no sensors that detect operating conditions (no AFM/MAP/MAF or EGT or ECT or IAT or wideband-O2 or knock-sensors), and no chips that can store temporary data for adjustments. Inconsistent, variable behavior is typically sign of unclean carbs. You need to make sure your carbs are completely clean and factory-fresh as a baseline before starting any mods. Otherwise you're compensating for symptoms and after-effects of non-factory conditions.

Newgen (2008-2012) bike is already super-rich from factory. Here's what I have on my race bike:

- Tyga full-exhaust, no cat, Tyga free-flow muffler
- K&N filter
- snorkel removed

All this produces +22% more air-flow than stock and generates +22% more power and guess what? It's still rich with factory jetting (as you've discovered). Dyno-testing with Spears Racing (sponsor) gave best results with going to smaller main-jets than factory. Down from factory 98 to 96, even 94 in summer.

If you read people's reports over time, you'll find that they get stumbling and mis-behaving as time passes. So they put bigger jets into their carbs and the problem is fixed right? But couple years later, they get stumbling again and put even larger and larger jets in to fix. Problem here isn't that carbs are setup lean originally and gets leaner and leaner over time. It's because their carb's fuel-circuits are getting clogged with dried fuel! The solution is to completely disassemble the carbs, clean out all jets with wire, soak entire carbs with real cleaners that'll take skin off nuclear subs, dunk in ultrasonic cleaner for days, soda-blast all fuel-circuits with 10000psi to clean and clear.

The issue isn't that carbs are lean, as implied by "solution" of bigger jets. That's just monkeying around with symptoms of real problem of carbs not being factory-clean. They ran perfectly when leaving the factory, and they should run perfectly fine with factory configuration when things are factory-fresh clean. I've had carbs on my pre-gen and new-gen 250s refurbished to factory-fresh clean condition by ducatiman and they run perfectly fine in stock configuration. I've even downsized jets on all of them to improve power and performance.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; November 24th, 2018 at 03:42 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote