View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2018, 04:58 PM   #13
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
@Karman friendly? Nah, we're actually a bunch o' pricks and posers. jk.

Hey, if you are leaving for duty in January, be sure to prep for long term storage. rest assured, without a fuel stabilizer,you're gonna return to clogged carbs and rotted fuel in the tank.

In another thread I suggested Stabil 360 Marine. I've had real good results, both in my 2 FI (Honda VFR and SS800 Duc) and carbed, older Ducati 900ss.

Wal-Mart has, about $8 per bottle, just 1/2 oz per tankful...prior to putting it away..1 oz would be ok. Run it in to the carbs by riding a good 20-30 minutes. Fill the tank...*use the center stand* and follow the rest of the normal storage protocol.

The reason I suggest center stand...the carb bowls are linked...if tilted on the sidestand...some fuel will inevitably migrate (via gravity) from the RH to the LH carb. I much prefer to keep them at equal/ fixed levels, not prone to gravitational forces.

Some folks prefer to drain the bowls, while cranking at various throttle positions, petcock turned to OFF (or fuel line clamped). This tends to clear the carb passageways of fuel...this fully acceptable too.

Either method may just save a carb pull/clean upon your return.

Last futzed with by ducatiman; November 25th, 2018 at 09:12 AM.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.