View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2018, 04:41 PM   #6
FluxX
ninjette.org member

Name: Dylan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja EX250R 2012 (Fuel injected)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
That's typical of a clogged or pinched tank vent hose.

I would at least get a proper slip-on muffler, and maybe a BMC air filter, before hitting the dyno. I'd also wait until you figured out why it isn't running properly before taking it to a shop for dyno tuning. Make sure they really know how to tune properly - or you'll waste a bunch of money and get little in return.

A good full exhaust system like an Akrapovič is an improvement if you are looking for maximum performance and cost isn't a major factor. Either way, get a real muffler on it. That alone may make it run better. You don't necessarily get more power with a more open exhaust.

Other things to check would be the condition of the plugs, valve adjustment, TB sync, and other common maintenance items.
Alright, going to organize the BMC air filter and slowly start getting everything in order before taking it in. Will have a look at exhaust systems and see what's available to me.So you reckon something is definitely not right with the top end of this bike? Is it not possible it's running to a insufficient ratio due to the current slip on, or perhaps a sprocket has less teeth for low end torque (track purposes)
Sorry if the questions are silly.Just trying to educate myself at the same time. It concerns me if I'm not reaching optimal top speed of a stock 250.
FluxX is offline   Reply With Quote