View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2019, 08:08 PM   #7
Bando909
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD, 2008 KLR 650, 2006 Triumph Sprint ST

Thank you all for the replies!

I took the petcock apart and it was very badly oxidized in between the rubber diaphragm and the o ring near the handle was half missing. So I ordered a rebuild kit for it and I will clean the metal housing as best as I can and put it back together hopefully that will stop the free flow and possible vacuum leak if possible from the vacuum hose. The vacuum hose seemed to have some gas in it so it could very well be a possibility.

As for the carburetor rebuild kit, I bought it from sledpartsguy off eBay. I have bought stuff from him before and everything I've gotten so far has worked wonderfully. It includes all the hardware needed minus the carburetor body itself and the diaphragm, spring, plastic needle holder, and the float. Starter plunger as you mean for the choke? I went ahead and removed the choke slider and made sure to spray the passages in the diaphragms on top. With the diaphragm out of the body of the carburetors. However if we're talking about the ones where the float bowls are I may have missed those and I'll probably need to go back through them and respray them down with carburetor cleaner and compressed air. It could very easily be a clogged passageway and the bike stalls out. It's just strange that the bike was running great Tuesday idled fine was able to rev up no problem no matter where the throttle was held open. And would always drop back down to 1,300 rpm. Like I said I will double check what you all have mentioned, no stone left unturned.

If not I'll will talk to Gordon and see what he can do, seems he's very very good with carbs
Bando909 is offline   Reply With Quote