View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2019, 05:09 AM   #12
Bando909
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD, 2008 KLR 650, 2006 Triumph Sprint ST

Update

The boots definitely had a good effect on the bike, I'm able from a cold start with half choke on for about a couple of minutes warm the bike up to get it to idle. As the bike warms up the idle increases and ends up between 1,000 and 1,500 RPM. Seems once it hits 3,000 RPM the tac needle really takes off. But so far quarter, half, 3/4 and full throttle and it will rev up the tac and come back to rest between 1,000 and 1,500. I closed the gap on the carburetor sync so now the bike somehow even at 500 rpm will still idle when cold. I played with the idle a bit so that it ill be at the correct idle when warm. I'm still uncertain if there's a vacuum leak somewhere else or not, but I will find out later today once I rebuild the petcock and ride the bike a bit if it will ride fine which ultimately what matters. If it rides anything like it did a few days ago or better It will be a whole lot better, For a 250 I'm impressed how much it throws you back if you hammer down. Will definitely be worth the $700 total I've spent so far, will be my 4th bike I've saved from scrap. Hopefully later today it will run well and be all good. Fingers Crossed

Also Side Note

Got a compression tester and the compression cold was

Left Cylinder 160-170psi
Right Cylinder 170-180psi

Accordingly as long as I'm above 139 I should be ok. So was happy to see that the piston rings were fine.
Bando909 is offline   Reply With Quote