View Single Post
Old April 14th, 2019, 07:10 PM   #1
Robb235
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250EX

I Think My Pilot Jets Are Plugged

Got a 2007 250-EX that sat for a couple years. Between having kids and several moves, it just didn't get ridden. I have replaced the gas with fresh gas and added Seafoam to the tank.

It will only start if choked at 75% or more. Even when completely warmed up, if I choke it less than 75% it will die out. Only idles when choked. I can ride it around as long as engine is under load. So as long as the carburetor is in the high speed circuit it's great. Low speed circuit appears to be the problem. So I took out the carb and removed the jets. The main jet I can see straight through. I can also see through the multiple holes on the shaft of the main jet (the holder I think it's called?).

But the pilot jet I cannot see straight through. I cleaned out the multiple holes on the shaft of the pilot jet, and I can see through those, but I cannot see straight through the pilot jet itself like I could the main jet.

I am supposed to be able to see straight through the pilot jet, right??

I've tried soaking both pilot jets in carb cleaner and Seafoam. Can't seem to blast out any more gunk with spray carb cleaner. I tried stripping some spare electrical wire I had and using one of the copper strands to poke through the blockage, but no luck. The copper strand wasn't rigid enough to force through. Still can't see through the pilot jet.

Do I just need to get some new pilot jets at this point?
Robb235 is offline   Reply With Quote