View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2019, 05:05 AM   #15
Bando909
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD, 2008 KLR 650, 2006 Triumph Sprint ST

Smile

FINALLY

Tied some loose ends. Spark plug gap incorrect, too small so got it to spec. Took some propane around the vacuum ports, sure as hell petcock line was sucking it in and the rpm jumped. went ahead and checked all the vacuum lines by separating the carburetors. No choice but to do so to get the lines in the middle. The smaller lines I did not replace because I didn't have a thin enough line to fit but I did cap one end and blew air through the other to make sure I wasn't loosing air. Thankfully not, Replaced the other 3 lines and checked the decel diaphragm on the left carburetor. and it was spotless. Put it back together and it was still doing it. So I happened to glance down at the throttle and it was slowly returning. It wasn't snapping back so sure enough the throttle was slightly cracked cracking the butterflies open a slight bit and raised the idle just a bit. So I lubricated the cables and readjusted the return cable and now it snaps closed. Idle is solid red hot at 1,400 and it you rev it up and comes back down to rest right at 1,400 no fluctuation at all. Yahoo, now to see how it rides and if so fine tune the air fuel screws if too lean or rich still. But glad I finally nailed it.

Thanks for all your inputs
Bando909 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.