View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2019, 07:11 PM   #19
Robb235
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250EX

In the grand scheme of things, my opinion is that fuel injection is overall superior to carburetors in terms of reliability and performance. There's a reason auto manufacturers use FI and not carbs anymore. The reliability of FI beats carbs. My fuel injected R6 sat for just as long as the 250, and when I hit that starter it fires right up. No pilot jets to plug up. No choke to screw around with. In all of the fuel injected vehicles I've owned, I've only ever had one fuel delivery issue, and that's when a MAP sensor went out on an old POS car that I drove in high school. Carburetors are a different story. I've owned two carb'd boats, and every couple years you gotta rebuild those carbs. Doesn't matter that I used ethanol free gas. Still gotta rip those carbs off and redo them. I haven't had that maintenance issue with FI.

Fine tuning FI runs circles around carbs. To change the fuel maps on my R6, literally all I have to do is plug my laptop in to the Power Commandder and I can make fine tune adjustments to the fuel tables. Good luck doing that with a carb.

Anyways, now that I've completely derailed this thread with a healthy FI vs carb debate, time to get back on topic. I've ordered a new float bowl gasket. The old gasket seems slightly chewed up in one of the corners when I look closer. I'll replace and see what happens.
Robb235 is offline   Reply With Quote