View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

My Ninja ZZR250 "class bike" is for sale + trailer

I'm reluctant to sell my "Blue Ninja" (as my friends call both it and me), but selling it solves a logistics problem, and when I go back to Vancouver, I'll look for another one just like it (unless I get suicidal and want to upgrade to a 650). It is right now stored in Orange County, southern California, being well taken care of, whereas I'm in Connecticut with my car, and within 2 months will be heading straight back to Vancouver, BC, without going back through CA. I even checked the price for shipping it back by freight, and was quoted more than $500 just to have it shipped to Washington state, ouch.

It is an 05, but is just broken in, with only about 4,000 miles on the clock, in excellent condition, without a single scratch on it. The ZZR is the non-USA version of the Ninja 250, with an aluminum frame, a different (generally considered more beautiful) fairing, 17" wheels (vs the 16" wheels on the US pre-gen), indestructible 3-spoke mags, and slightly fatter rear tires. It is considered a classic, or a "class bike" as one of our members once coined it. According to the book, it can go 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds with the standard 14-teeth front sprocket (vs the new-gen's 7.2 seconds). With the 13-teeth currently on the bike, it is even quicker in a drag, and with the 15-teeth one that comes with the bike, it has a higher top speed than the standard 14-teeth version. Your choice.

It comes also with its own strong yet light-weight trailer, which I purchased new for $1100 (less than 2000 miles on it), and I prefer the two to go together (or the trailer will have to be sold separately as a utility trailer, which would be like selling a race horse as a cart horse). The bike also has its own cover, which cost $80 new at a dealer, compared to the flimsy $25 ones on the internet.

Asking:

bike with cover - $3,500
trailer - $900
bike + trailer - $4,200

Serious inquiries only, and no low-ball offers please. I would actually be relieved if I end up not selling it, but find a cheap way to get it back to Vancouver. If anyone in s. Cal has a car or truck with a trailer hitch and want to see Vancouver, I'll offer you a place to stay, good food and show you the town and surrounding twisties, by bike of course, if you want to load both bikes on to the trailer.

Please message me here or email me at Anthony_Marr@yahoo.com, or call me at 216-386-7362

Anthony
Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote