View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2018, 07:41 PM   #1
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Life of the baby racecar

The ninjette is gone and has been for a bit. I got a Miata late last year that's completely stock, so I'm going to use this as my build thread of sorts.

First thing it got was factory cruise control. Base model has none. I don't like being a cramped pretzel on long trips. This was fun. I had to tear apart half the dash and replace/add a bunch of bits and bobs. Note to self; never buy a car without cruise control ever. Here's the fancy buttons I now have.

In my typical style, it's getting a headlight upgrade. Profile Design bi-LED projectors and Morimoto XB LED fog lights from The Retrofit Source. Of course, this being the base model, that means it never had fog lights. So... I got brackets to hold the lights and OE bezels to go in the bumper cover. I'll get to my fear of cutting the holes in the bumper cover later.

Here's where I am so far with the projectors and shrouds and painted reflectors. It's a much tighter space to work with than my Scion was when I retro'd that.

And since the only new OE fog bezels I could find were silver, I had to paint these with factory matching paint. Yes, this came out of a foo foo can! Not bad for a saturday afternoon. This is prep, primer, paint, and clear.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote